Sunday, April 30, 2006

What Did You Want To Be When You Grew Up?

What Did You Want To Be When You Grew-Up?
A ten minute sprint from a creativity exercise posted by Lisa atThe Inspired Pen.

Perry Mason. While in elementary school, on days when I was at home sick, I would watch Perry Mason reruns and Dialing for Dollars. I knew I wanted to be an attorney. Perry Mason, my Dad, my Uncle, Frank Bondono, Ralph Baker, Gerry Spence and Lynn Buzzard, these were my heroes, righting wrongs and saving people from injustice.

When my Mother told me about Earl Stanley Gardener’s books, I read all of them I could find. By high school I had attended a couple of attorneys' conferences and was reading about Son of Sam, The Onion Fields, The Lindberghs, Helter Skelter, Witness to Evil, during my classes instead of doing my school work. The last two gave me some major insomnia. At other times I wanted to be a rodeo rider, a fireman, a basketball player, a dancer, acording to passing whim but I was sure I wouldn't be any those because I was sure being an attorney was my calling.

This creativity exercise is posted on the The Inspired Pen. give this exercise a spin and leave a link to your post in the comments at The Inspired Pen.

4 comments:

POLiTiCk said...

So I'm trying to figure out if I know you or not. I know several people in NY, but the profile's a little vague.

But I really like your blog. Some very beautiful work here.

Viv said...

I really enjoy reading the various tacts you take for your entries. I discovered other bloggers getting rather personal in revealing themselves to readers, but I find your entries quite refreshing.

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Miles Riley said...

Hello mate great blog postt