Sunday, April 16, 2006

Sunday Scribblings When we were wee...

I am a big girl now, cuz I am three. I am being very good.
My Daddy told me to be good and help my Mommy. My Mommy doesn’t feel good. My little brother and I are making Mommy breakfast. (I have a new baby brother but he is sleeping; he is to little to help.)

I climbed up on the counter and got the pancake mix out of the cupboard. Then we got the milk, and a bowl; we put them on the floor. It’s hard to get the eggs to go in the bowl. We dropped an egg; its ok, we got some eggs in the bowl. We pour some mix in. I am stirring, Uncle comes in; I say “we are making pancakes.” Uncle says “Oh, may I help you”. I say, “Ok.”Uncle tells Mommy "Stay in bed,You'd better not come out to the kitchen for a while."
He says we should measure everything; he’s good at cracking eggs. We mix them up and cook them in the pan.

We take mommy her pancakes, and we all eat. Then we wash the kitchen cuz making pancakes is messy.
Sunday Scribblings

11 comments:

eliza said...

very, very sweet!

Jennifer S. said...

what a sweet story and memory :)

GreenishLady said...

You really went WAY back and found a real memory, didn't you? This was lovely. Lucky Uncle was around, I think.

gkgirl said...

teehee
this was sweet and cute...

good thing uncle came aroundt though
or it may not have been
such a sweet memory...
heehee

:)

Anonymous said...

Very cute.

Anonymous said...

Adorable story. What a memory you have!

harmonyinline said...

Yes lucky for my brother and I my Uncle thought it was hilarious.

Annie Jeffries said...

So SWEET. Loved this.

Deirdre said...

I love the child's voice you wrote this with. I could see it all happening.

HoBess said...

Sounds like they're a several great brothers in your family, too. I love the way you can tell the story from your toddler point of view. I'm very much enjoying exploring your blog ... especially your post on things you love. Beautiful.

Caroline said...

You may have felt guilty laughing at me being pecked by a swan but I've laughed back now - the image you create here really tickled me!