Monday, April 10, 2006

Lost Blog Day One

After meeting on board the ship Scottie and I have decided to travel on together. We crossed the bay by the Oakland Ferry and continued up the Santa Clara valley to San Jose, filled with wheat-fields, and orchards, and vineyards, and alfalfa meadows. Glorious sunshine ,fresh spring air I had to admit it was the best I’ve ever breathed—even more fragrant than the air at home in England. We saw a number of small brown birds having crests the shape of a question mark atop their heads. Hills of extraordinary beauty acres of wildflowers, yellow, purple and white. Dogwood and Alders grew along the stream; its banks were blanketed with violets and ferns. Last night tired by the long day walking we camped out in our blankets .I lay looking up into the tree, past the trunk and up into the branches. It was a particularly fine night with the stars above the tree. I felt contentment and peaceful. It had been a lovely day and California is an extraordinary place. I will endeavor to post regularly as we travel so that we can keep in touch with you dear ones, and to share with you the magic of this wilderness called California

10 comments:

Poz Mikey said...

i have been saying this all day. I am clueless

Karl said...

Heh, like Mikey I've been clueless all day. I suspect this condition will go on for at least another day or two.

Anonymous said...

stumped

*lynne* said...

absolutely no clue :D will dro pby and look at more entries once they come up :-) cheers!

Unknown said...

Nice description. Now that is a California I want to see!

Anonymous said...

Maybe one of the early vintners in Napa? Not that I have any clue who the heck it would be.

Jennifer S. said...

a beautiful entry. I'm not a lost blogger so I won't guess...

Scott said...

Very interesting entry. I think I know who it is, but I don't want to give anything away. Was he completely broke when he died?

harmonyinline said...

I havnt been able to find out if he died broke or not and a vineyard
I am not sure if he had one or not.

Anonymous said...

Number will not pass!