Sunday, April 02, 2006

I Would

The topic at sundayscribblings is
what would you attempt if you knew you would not fail?
  • Hug a bear in his lair
  • Kiss a tiger on his ear
  • Dance with cranes in the noonday sun, flap my wings and beat a drum
  • Sing with the whales a song of dreaming, search the ocean’s heart for dreams I’ve lost
  • Tell you a story so sad that we both will weep
  • Paint a picture so full of love that the paint will kiss your soul
  • With my thread and needle stitch by stitch tear by tear make the world whole
  • Tie my fear to the tail of a kite casting it far out on the wind
  • Run barefoot through the stars gather stardust from heaven above, I’ll dust the earth with heaven’s love
  • Then I will reach out to you and show you the love in my heart
sunday scribblings

10 comments:

Kara said...

I like how you wrote this. I can see each one as a painting. Are you familiar with the work of Cooper Edens? - it has that kind of feeling.

vicci said...

I LOVE this!

meghan said...

I loved how each part of this was so full and yet they all came together so well. This was a really lovely post. I loved the running barefoot in the stars - sigh!

kellie said...

This is really, really beautiful. Thank you.

Otter said...

Hug a bear! Oh my!
Kiss a tiger on his ear! How brave!
Dance with cranes! How fun!

Jennifer S. said...

beautiful

kerrdelune said...

"With my thread and needle stitch by stitch tear by tear make the world whole. . ."

May I assist you in these enterprises? I loved this one. . . .

Sky said...

just lovely - such beautiful phrasing! your sunday scribblings turned into a poem. :)

thanks for the note about endment -please tell her we miss her and will be glad when she is online again!

Endment said...

this is really beautiful
I am with kerrdelune lets get out the needle and thread

altermyworld said...

thank you for visiting my blog. I stumbled upon yours some time ago and meant to post a comment. I swear.
I have to stop lurking.
I loved your way with words, something about them seem sad, yet hopeful
ANg