Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sunday Scribblings Real Life

Real life will damage your calm.
Life is a knife that cuts my soul, then it takes my tears and builds my dreams out of them. Life gives us pain so deep only death will relive. Life will reach out and touch you with the coldest chill of winter, then, spring will kiss your cheek, and wrap you in her warm embrace. Life gives moments of magic, a baby’s laughter. A song that fills your pores with bliss. A kiss so sweet your souls melt. Life spins you about and turns you upside down. Friends are the rainbows of life; a friend’s embrace can break the darkness. Hold on tightly to those we love with an open hand. Hold on to hope.

This weeks topic at Sunday Scribblings is Real Life.

"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

8 comments:

Rebekah said...

Full circle - oh so true.

Otter said...

"Life spins you about and turns you upside down"
Oh so true!

Love that you see friends as rainbows!

Cate said...

Using the natural to embody what "real life" is--just lovely!

Laini Taylor said...

Randomly, today at an art fair, my husband bought a zine inspired by the Albert Camus quote, "In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer." Your first few lines made me think of that, the symmetry of real life, the flip sides. Nice images!

Jim Di Bartolo said...

Great imagery of your impressions of life. Some very true statements here! :)

Jim

Jennifer S. said...

agreed!

Kara said...

Well said - indeed - I do feel real life damage my calm. I also love how you spun it around and weaved your words into a rope of hope.

P.S. Glad you liked Cooper Edens.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, poetic post!