Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Blue Scream

Blue is the subject this week at http://www.mamasaysom.com/
This painting is about my son . When he was small he was twice attacked by neighbors dogs. A large red chow bit him repeatedly. He had bites in his head. The neighbor a huge man considerably over two hunderd pounds had to wreasle the dog off of my son. Afterwards I hated it when he would pet dogs. Sam still loves dogs. I painted this picture several years later. When my ex decided to divorce me he hid my son from me this painting was done during the time my son was gone. I painted my fear and memories of the dog bite because I was unable to cope with his being missing.

3 comments:

Endment said...

The pain and heartache comes through in your painting
I am so sorry for your pain and glad that your sone is all right.

I appreciate your sharing this picture

Anonymous said...

how awful. I can't even imagine the pain of both of those events. Seeing that happen to your child, and losing your child temproarily.

your painting is compelling in a way that only true raw emotion transformed onto canvas can be though.

really.

altermyworld said...

this is absolutely heart art. Thank you for sharing