Thursday, January 19, 2006

Five Other Lives

The five other lives I picked for this week:
Botanist
Geneticist
a dancer
a healer
a musician

I’ve borrowed a guitar and I’ve decided not to worry about sounding great I will just worry about having fun with it.

For my artist date this week I decided to go to the Everything Goes Book Café. I ended up staying much longer than I had meant to - almost two hours. I ordered a latte and wrote in my notebook for a while then I browsed their used books. I ended up buying six books; they were so inexpensive I couldn’t resist. The most I paid for any of the books was three dollars. I bought The Trumpet Of The Swan and One Man's Meat, both by E B White, I Touch The Earth The Earth Touches Me by Hugh Prather, Reflection on A Gift of Watermelon Pickle...And Other Modern Verse Loveroot by Erica Jong, Welcome To Temptation by Jennifer Crusie. I plan to go back; it was a wonderful place to write with plenty of tempting books.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooo, that sounds like a perfect artist date to me...i love used book stores.