Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Artist Way










Years ago I began reading “The Artist Way” by Julia Cameron. I began following her recommendation of writing daily which she calls “morning pages.” The morning pages always make a big difference in my life when I do them but I have the worst time sticking with it. I am so totally not a morning kind of person. Today I found out about an online Artist Way group of bloggers. I immediately signed up to become part of the group.
While there have been times when I have worked as part of a class or with the companionship of another artist, more often I work in isolation and I haven’t been part of an Artist Way group before. I have been writing the morning pages again but need the motivation to keep them up and I am looking forward to working as part of a group.

No comments: