Monday, January 23, 2006

Beginning week three


Made a strong start early in last week. Read the chapter and started in on the assignments, but physically it wasn’t such a good week. I didn’t feel well enough to get all the assignments done. Saturday I still wasn’t well enough to do my Artist Way check in or my three pages. I missed the pages a couple of other days also. But I feel that I am benefiting already in spite of being less focused and more sporadic than I would like to be. This week while reading chapter three of The Artist Way I was encouraged when I read “Growth is an erratic forward movement: two steps forward, one step back. Remember that and be very gentle with yourself. A creative recovery is a healing process. You are capable of great things on Tuesday, but on Wednesday you may slide backward. This is normal.” Julia Cameron

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep up the good work!
Good advice to be gentle with yourself

Leah said...

ah yes, that quote is such a good one to keep in mind. you are doing great!! keep being gentle with yourself.

Cindy (aka PaintChip) said...

Two steps forward and one step back, sometimes feels like one forward and two back. Ugh! That's the growth I had during week two. But this week has been better for me so far. {big smile} I'm not too concerned about how much time it takes me to get there. Because "there" seems to be a moving target for me.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better! I hope that you are experiencing stronger artistic growth today too.