Saturday, August 25, 2007

Sunday Scribblings

I get that sinking feeling…you know the one I am talking about right in the pit of your stomach, I know something gives you that feeling to. I get it when I think about flying. Since last spring I have been planning to visit my brother and sister-in-law in Texas, but I haven’t bought the tickets I have fears of getting lost when I have to change planes and missing my flight. The part that scares me most isn’t the plane crashing every time a plane takes off or lands I know its going to crash sitting on a plane I forget how to breath and my chest hurts I know we are all going to die OK I know Iam only worrying because I know that flying is statistically a safe way to travel besides everyone dies sometime anyway. But the part that really give me that sinking feeling is the thought of getting lost in the airport when I have to change planes

http://sundayscribblings.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Sherri B. said...

I can so relate to your fears...you're not alone! :~) I did fly recently, though, and everything turned out just fine...it's that anticipatory anxiety that gets you every time.

Anonymous said...

I too can relate to your fear. I work ed from home, but my wife travel a lot. I don't know, but everytime she fly I get nervous. I guess it's just as FP says, it's the anticipatory anxiety, not knowing what will happen that cause it.
Thank you for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...

I too fear getting lost in the airport. I can't explain it.

Tumblewords: said...

Once upon a time, as a short-time flight attendant for a regional carrier, I surely understand your sinking feeling. I didn't get over mine...