Thursday, June 08, 2006

Brown Sugar

Washed my hair with brown sugar this morning what can I say... I know too weird. I mentioned to my sister-in-law that every time I washed my hair. I get a rash because I am allergic to soap. She told me about Curly Girl. Curly Girl avoids the use of soap because of the damage soap does to one's hair. The book has instructions and recipes for revitalizing one's hair and improving the curl. I'm throwing out my shampoo. My sister-in-law's advice is not only helping me with my allergy but also improving my hair. The brown sugar scrub worked wonders on my hair if you feel adventurous enough to try it use half brown sugar and half conditioner scrub your scalp thoroughly and rinse. The whole time I was washing my hair. I kept thinking about ants. I rinsed my hair extra careful. After you wash your hair with brown sugar my sister-in-law also sent me this link, maybe you'd like to try the Brown Sugar Vanilla Body Scrub recipe actually I haven't tried this one but it sounds interesting. I bet it smells good.

11 comments:

Jennifer S. said...

mmmm, sounds wonderful

silverlight said...

What my mother and I used to use, was a tablespoon of vinegar, either regular or white in a sinkfull of warm water. Or mix it in a quart container and pour over your hair, this neutralizes the harshness of the shampoo. Lemon juice is also very good.

kerrdelune said...

It DOES sound wonderful, and I am going to try them both. A friend here makes and markets an organic handscrub with sugar and lavender, and it is wonderful stuff. Thank you.

Endment said...

hey this is very fascinating... interesting links...
Do you smell like sugar? ;-)

Anonymous said...

WHat a cool idea! Have you tried Kiehl's?
Their products are closer to natural than other brands. :)

Viv said...

And I thought the blackberry honey wine in the shampoo DeepLove I'm using was something unusual! I needed to rejuvenate my scalp and hair and found this interesting shampoo at an organic food store. Shouldn't brown sugar be much the same? We'll have to compare sometime.

daringtowrite said...

Ah, something useful to do with all that leftover sugar I've been avoiding.

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Gee, brown sugar and vanilla body scrub? I bet it smells good, too, and tastes ever BETTER!

peepla said...

Let me say this about that...cuz I'm allergic to soap to and haven't used it in years. Generally I use baking soda and brown sugar on occasion...you MUST make sure the sugar is soft. No hard lumps...not old and dry...it can scratch your scalp. If your sugar does become dry...microwave it 30 to 90 seconds to soften it...then let it cool for like 10 to 30 mins. I use it when I need deep cleaning. Regular cleaning I use the more gentle baking soda. Also...in answer to the commenter that asked...you don't smell like sugar to the human nose...but unfortunately...in summer...you will be attractive to (very sensitive sense of smell) bees...and they follow you everywhere. You can also use quiona. Which is a grain...folks seem to think it's the same but it isn't. Hope this helps. Stay blessed.

peepla said...

By the way...my blog has a post titled "the truth about my hair"...it tells how to use the baking soda.

Anonymous said...

I ԁon't even know how I finished up here, but I thought this put up was good. I do not realize who you might be but definitely you are going to a well-known blogger if you aren't alrеady.
Cheers!

my blog post ... Apache2Handler