Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Ranting About Violence

Last night I watched Kangaroo Jack with my sixteen-year-old son. I think the movie is a dumb and silly story but I was glad to have something I could watch with my son and spend time together with him. I am worried and appalled by the amount of violence in my son’s entertainment. It bothers me that people hurting people is something to laugh about. I want my son to grow up having compassion for people around him. I don’t want him to be indifferent to other people’s pain. His play station games, his books and movies are all violent. This much violent entertainment can’t possibly be healthy for him. I have to make some changes, I don’t know what to do when he’s with my ex but I know I have to find other entertainment for him while he is with me.

No comments: